Friday, February 12, 2010

Brownie Hearts

Aubree and I got up early this morning to make this "sweet treat" for her 2nd grade class's Valentine's Day party. We whipped up the brownies, sprinkled them with red and pink sparkly sugar crystals, baked them, then cut out 30 hearts with a cookie cutter. She was excited to bring them to share with her class.


This is actually the same recipe I used to make with my mom when I was in 2nd grade! It is just a simple and basic recipe that is easy to make with kids. What great food and family traditions! I bagged up the left over brownie scraps and put them in the freezer. I will save it for a future icecream pie crust, a sundae topping, or a brownie-bits banana milk shake.

Grandma Lela's Easy Breeze Brownies
1/4 c butter
2 eggs
1 C sugar
1/2 C flour
1/3 C cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

Melt butter is square pan brownies are to be made in, and then pour in bowl over beaten eggs. Add other ingredients, stir well, blend 2 minutes and pour into pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Note: For the cutouts, one "doubled" recipe fits nicely in a jelly-roll pan or edged cookie sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment