Friday, March 19, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies

I love a good oatmeal cookie! MMMMMMMM..... Are they healthy? Well, adding oats to full-fat, sugar-laden cookies doesn't exactly qualify them as health food.... but they are sooooo GOOD! If you want "healthier" cookies, I'll have to post my oat bran chocolate chippers or my yogurt snickerdoodles!


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


Simply Oatmeal Cookies


Oatmeal Cookies
1 3/4 C packed brown sugar
14 Tbs butter (1 Cup minus 2 TBS)
2 lightly beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 C old fassioned oats
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in oats. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add dry ingrediants to wet ingredients, mix until combined. Bake about 10 minutes @ 350 degrees. This recipe is delicious as written, but for variety, try adding chocolate chips or cinnamon and/or raisins.


3 comments:

  1. please post the snicker doodle cookies and your carmel popcorn. Please oh Please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look sooooo yummy! I agree w/ shell, post your yogurt snickerdoodle recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give these cookies 5 out of 5 stars. AND they are good for you. Studies have shown that oatmeal lowers bad cholesterol (I read it on a Cherios box so it must be true) -Jeff

    ReplyDelete