Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Honey Glazed Salmon

This quick and easy recipe yields a deliciously flavored tender salmon filet.   It's one of my favorite salmon recipes (along with Salmon Tacos) and has been in my kitchen for over 10 years.   My kids eat it up, and Jeff and I enjoy it as well.  Serve it with brown rice or quinoa and a vegetable side.  

Honey Glazed Salmon
2 Tbs minced onions
1 Tbs chopped fresh or 1 tsp dried thyme
3 tbs honey
1 tbs dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
Preparation:
1.  Prepare grill or broiler.
2.  Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.  Brush honey mixture over fish.  Place fish on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Brush with extra leftover glaze as needed while cooking.

This time, I served the salmon with Quinoa with Green Onions and Toasted Pecans and a side of steamed cauliflower. I often serve it with brown rice and swiss chard.

No comments:

Post a Comment