Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Mango Salad with Walnuts and Chicken

I love this salad!  It is bright and fresh and has a very light and simple dressing.  I usually make it without the chicken and serve it as a side dish for entrees such as Pork with Tomatillos and Tomatoes...  but today I had it for lunch with some left-over roasted chicken.  I have to say... I enjoyed it this way just as much!



Mango Salad with Walnuts and Chicken

Salad ingredients:
Variety of lettuces, coarsley chopped (Mixed Spring Greens work too)
Fresh Mango, cut into chunks
Red onion, a few thinly sliced pieces
Raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
Roasted Chicken, chopped (optional)

Dressing:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Toss all salad ingredients into a large salad bowl.  Lightly dress salad just before serving. You don't have to use all of the dressing.  





I have a garden full of greens this time of year so salads are my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment