Thursday, October 1, 2009

Individually Frozen Peach Slices

This year I am individually freezing my peaches. I peel them, remove the pits, slice them and then lay them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Pop them in the freezer for a few hours or over night, then remove them and place them in plastic gallon size bags. Suck out as much air as possible from the bag (I use the straw trick), then seal it shut and return it to the freezer. I am excited about this new method because I don't have to add anything to them. No added sugar! No lemon juice to alter their flavor! I prepared last years peaches with sugar and fruit fresh, and they were just too sweet to use in most things. This way I can remove as many peaches as I need at one time, and add any sugar required at that point (if any!), and leave the rest in the freezer. It will be great for smoothies, cobblers, pies, pancake toppings,and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment