Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sweet and Delicious

Peaches for breakfast, peaches for lunch, and well, we'll see if I can manage to eat something other than peaches for dinner. I love peaches and peach season is my favorite food season of the year. When I put in my order for peaches I count the days until they arrive. I just can't resist a fresh, sweet, juicy, tree-ripened peach, straight from the Utah mountain orchards.


Yes, that is three boxes of peaches! A third of these will be used for in-hand eating. I figure it's best to eat them now when they are in season, sweet, fresh, and rich in healthy nutrients like Vitamin A, C, and Phenols (great for your skin). As far as the other two boxes go... well, I have lots of plans to use and preserve their sweet and fragrant goodness.

I am making this peach post mostly for me, so that I can remember how I like to use up my peaches when next year's harvest is in.


Peach Milkshakes
The girls and I mixed up this delicous peach milkshake before hitting the sack. Peachalicious! (Yes, I have been reading the children's books Pinkalicious and Purplicious lately). And a little extra cream to wash down the peachiness. Jeff is out of town so we are having a girl party!



Cottage Cheese and Peaches

No recipe here, just a nutritious and delicious lunch for baby Kate. It's fresh, easy, and simple, and was gobbled up in a minute. I started out feeding her but she quickly let me know that she wanted to feed herself! She loves to get her hands dirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment